All Apps and Add-ons

Fix Input Name Bug Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform

timonix
Explorer

When using the Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform the input name cannot contain slashes.

"GCP Cloud Pub/Sub Input" <== This will break with the following error.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_google-cloudplatform/bin/google_cloud_pubsub.py" OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/google_cloud_pubsub/GCP Cloud Pub/Sub Input.lock'

Special characters should be disallowed in the input name on that add-on. Additionally, the input name should be properly escaped.

P.S.
Please update the horrible, horrible documentation around how to configure that add-on.

1 Solution

timonix
Explorer

The answer is more or less in the question. But I was hoping this would be an avenue to help others troubleshoot issues they were having with the add-on as well as get the issue some visibility with the add-on maintainers.

View solution in original post

timonix
Explorer

The answer is more or less in the question. But I was hoping this would be an avenue to help others troubleshoot issues they were having with the add-on as well as get the issue some visibility with the add-on maintainers.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@timonix If your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@timonix Join us on slack (splk.it/slack) and find the #gsuite_app channel, if there is something Google related that you need, no promises, but I've been thinking of doing pubsub for G Suite if some other app doesn't do it (or doesn't do it well)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...