All Apps and Add-ons

Help with downloading App in zip format

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I would like to deploy the Metricator App. For that I need also the TA-metricator-for-nmon (technical Add-On) on my source where the universal forwarder is running.
How would I get the TA-metricator-for-nmon in the zip form to shift it to my source linux host?

I mean I downloaded the Metricator App from the Splunk Base, deployed it on my SH and it also includes the TA-metricator-for-nmon, so I can monitor my SH itself. I can also see on the OS level under the ~/etc/apps the directory called TA-metricator-for-nmon. But I need this App (TA) on the source systems with the forwarder.
Would I just tar and zip the TA-metricator-for-nmon directory from the SH and copy it to my source system?
Is it as simple as that?

Kind Regards,
Kamil

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is as simple as that. I would skip the zip step, however, and use the -z option in tar to compress the tarball.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...