Splunk Search

rex giving unrecognized character

shobhitdesh

Regular expression

"ParNew:" | rex "(?i)\\), (?P[^ ]+)" | rex "(?i).*?\\((?P\\d+\\w+)(?=\\))" | rex "(?i)\\[ParNew: (?P[^\\-]+)" | rex "(?i)\\->(?P[^\\(]+)" | table COLLECTION_TIME, HEAP_SIZE_AVAILABLE, OBJECT_SIZE_BEFORE_GC, OBJECT_SIZE_AFTER_GC 

gives error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex '(?i)), (?P[^ ]+)': Regex: unrecognized character after (?P

Tags (2)
0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @shobhitdesh

Did any of the answers or comments below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving it!

If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya.

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Your query should have a field name in angle brackets after the (?P, and the P is unneeded. ... so something like (?<fieldname>.*)

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

as @richgalloway said, the rex query got damaged..
maybe you can update a screenshot your error when you run this cmd on screen on your splunk web GUI
or, put your rex query inside backticks (something)

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The system mangled your regex so it's difficult to see what may be wrong.
Please edit or comment with the regex string inside backtick characters so it's displayed fully.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...