Splunk Search

Why is CSV data showing up as hexadecimal?

jordanking1992
Path Finder

Please see the attached screenshot.

I have a uploaded CSV with valid data but when I upload the CSV, the GUI displays all of my column/rows as hex code.
Haven't had an issue with any other CSV uploads.alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi jordanking1992,
you have to find the correct charset, the only way is to ingest your csv file using the guided ingestion [Settings -- Data Inputs -- Files and Directories -- New Local File & Directory].
In this way you can try different CHARSETs and find the correct one.
Anyway, where does your csv come from?

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi jordanking1992,
you have to find the correct charset, the only way is to ingest your csv file using the guided ingestion [Settings -- Data Inputs -- Files and Directories -- New Local File & Directory].
In this way you can try different CHARSETs and find the correct one.
Anyway, where does your csv come from?

Bye.
Giuseppe

jordanking1992
Path Finder

That was the issue. But when i change it to AUTO, the body of the CSV is now readable but the columns are still in hex. Its coming from a windows server and i believe the csv is generated by a powershell script.

0 Karma

rashi83
Path Finder

IS this resolved for you? I am also facing similar issue . Any insights will be helpful.

CHARSET is already AUTO but still data is showing as hexadecimal . 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Charan

Did you guys found any solution, even I am facing the same issue please let me know if there is any solution 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...