Splunk Search

Splunk 8.0.1 : How to change show_source CSS about long lines

mpasini
Engager

Hello,

After upgrading to Splunk 8 from Splunk 6, it seems that the "show_source" view  ( used in "Event actions" -> "Show source" ) isn't wrapping the long lines as it used to do before.

We've isolated the new setting in jsx code in:

/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/show_source/index.jsx

tableRow: {
        border: 0,
        margin: 0,
        padding: 0,
        whiteSpace: 'nowrap',
    },​

Before the setting was set to 'white-space: pre-wrap' as we can see in our backups of search_mrsparkle from splunk6.

Is there any way for us to go the same behavior as before so that the long lines in "Show source" are wrapped ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mpasini
Engager

Actually,  I found that the "wrapping" option was lost until the version 8.0.4 when the "Wrap Results" button was added:

mpasini_0-1628521423918.png

So I guess we'll upgrade 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mpasini
Engager

Actually,  I found that the "wrapping" option was lost until the version 8.0.4 when the "Wrap Results" button was added:

mpasini_0-1628521423918.png

So I guess we'll upgrade 🙂

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If seems like you've already found the answer - change index.jsx as you prefer.  However, it's possible that fix is already present in one of the 18 Splunk versions released since 8.0.1 so you may want to consider a newer release.  You also can ask for the change at https://ideas.splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...