Splunk Search

Splunk 8.0.1 : How to change show_source CSS about long lines

mpasini
Engager

Hello,

After upgrading to Splunk 8 from Splunk 6, it seems that the "show_source" view  ( used in "Event actions" -> "Show source" ) isn't wrapping the long lines as it used to do before.

We've isolated the new setting in jsx code in:

/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/show_source/index.jsx

tableRow: {
        border: 0,
        margin: 0,
        padding: 0,
        whiteSpace: 'nowrap',
    },​

Before the setting was set to 'white-space: pre-wrap' as we can see in our backups of search_mrsparkle from splunk6.

Is there any way for us to go the same behavior as before so that the long lines in "Show source" are wrapped ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mpasini
Engager

Actually,  I found that the "wrapping" option was lost until the version 8.0.4 when the "Wrap Results" button was added:

mpasini_0-1628521423918.png

So I guess we'll upgrade 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mpasini
Engager

Actually,  I found that the "wrapping" option was lost until the version 8.0.4 when the "Wrap Results" button was added:

mpasini_0-1628521423918.png

So I guess we'll upgrade 🙂

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If seems like you've already found the answer - change index.jsx as you prefer.  However, it's possible that fix is already present in one of the 18 Splunk versions released since 8.0.1 so you may want to consider a newer release.  You also can ask for the change at https://ideas.splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...