Splunk Search

Search from web UI not working


We are in a process of setting up new splunk env on CentOS 7. As part of it we have configured 1 search head and 1 indexer server.
We added the indexer to SH in the distributed search section(distsearch.conf), the status of that indexer is "up", Replication status "Successful", healthy status "healthy and No health check failures.
We are using splunkforwarders on our servers to push data to indexers, which is also working fine, i can see data coming from the selected servers in the metrics.log on indexer.
However when i search anything from web UI it gives me "no results found", also in data summary on home page it says "Waiting for results".
Even for index="_internal" there are "no results found".

Can anyone please point me in the right direction if i'm missing anything in the configs here.

Tags (1)
0 Karma


Thanks for the help! Our indexers were not configured correctly, we updated some some configs and it works now.

0 Karma

Ultra Champion

start here:

please share your findings with the community

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could it be that your user doesn't have the rights to see the indexes. Check to see that your user has a role that has access to the indexes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Build Scalable Security While Moving to Cloud - Guide From Clayton Homes

 Clayton Homes faced the increased challenge of strengthening their security posture as they went through ...

Mission Control | Explore the latest release of Splunk Mission Control (2.3)

We’re happy to announce the release of Mission Control 2.3 which includes several new and exciting features ...

Cloud Platform | Migrating your Splunk Cloud deployment to Python 3.7

Python 2.7, the last release of Python 2, reached End of Life back on January 1, 2020. As part of our larger ...