Splunk Search

Search from web UI not working


We are in a process of setting up new splunk env on CentOS 7. As part of it we have configured 1 search head and 1 indexer server.
We added the indexer to SH in the distributed search section(distsearch.conf), the status of that indexer is "up", Replication status "Successful", healthy status "healthy and No health check failures.
We are using splunkforwarders on our servers to push data to indexers, which is also working fine, i can see data coming from the selected servers in the metrics.log on indexer.
However when i search anything from web UI it gives me "no results found", also in data summary on home page it says "Waiting for results".
Even for index="_internal" there are "no results found".

Can anyone please point me in the right direction if i'm missing anything in the configs here.

Tags (1)
0 Karma


Thanks for the help! Our indexers were not configured correctly, we updated some some configs and it works now.

0 Karma

Ultra Champion

start here:

please share your findings with the community

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could it be that your user doesn't have the rights to see the indexes. Check to see that your user has a role that has access to the indexes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Customer Survey!

If you use Splunk Observability Cloud, we invite you to share your valuable insights with us through a brief ...

Happy CX Day, Splunk Community!

Happy CX Day, Splunk Community! CX stands for Customer Experience, and today, October 3rd, is CX Day — a ...

.conf23 | Get Your Cybersecurity Defense Analyst Certification in Vegas

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf23! If you’re going to Las ...