Splunk Search

PROPS configuration for Source Data with Field Names and Values Stored in Text File

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

I have some issues writing a PROPS configuration file for the following  source data stored in text file. I  also used TIMESTAMP_FIELDS= timeStamp there, to have field values under field names But, it's not working. My PROPS configuration and a sample event are given below.  Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much. 

[ __auto__learned__ ]

SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false

LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)

TIMESTAMP_FIELDS=timeStamp

TIME_PREFIX =^\{\"timeStamp\"\:\"

TIME_FORMAT=%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=29

{"timeStamp":"2021-06-21 14:53:56 EDT","appName":"OSD","userType":"FILTER","StatCd":null,"Amt":null,"errorMsg":"","eventId":"APP_ENTRY","eventType":"VIEW","fileSourceCd":null,"ipAddr":"11.212.41.151","mftCd":null,"outputCd":null,"planNum":null,"reasonCd":null,"returnCd":"00","sessionId":"XWGMwkncVD0m60OQBOahu8s/qG1c=","Period":null,"cat":"234207501","Type":null,"userId":"cdabea740a-g9a0-408f-a6a7-5ae70c689e6d","vsardata":{"uri":"/osd/rest/accountSummary","host":"appsa.rup.afsiep.net","ipAddress":"11.212.41.151","Id":"AXSabea753c-d9a0-408f-a6a7-5ae70c689e6d","requestId":"as58510cd-0459-614b7bc4-1afdd700-0bf875285d76","referer":https://saada.ruer.egsiep.net/osd/,"responseStatus":0}}

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It would help if you explained what you mean by "it's not working".

The TIMESTAMP_FIELDS setting is for use with INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS.  Try these settings

[ __auto__learned__ ]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
TIME_PREFIX = \{"timeStamp":"
TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 29

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It would help if you explained what you mean by "it's not working".

The TIMESTAMP_FIELDS setting is for use with INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS.  Try these settings

[ __auto__learned__ ]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
TIME_PREFIX = \{"timeStamp":"
TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 29

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...