Splunk Search

My initial REST call to search returned debug information

teresa1688
Explorer

I have installed splunk on my pc (windows7) and start to play with REST web service calls to perform search. I can see search results in my online search page but not in the web service call. Any clue on what the issues may be? Thanks.

This is the command I use:
curl -k -u admin: https://localhost:8089/services/search/jobs/export -d output_mode=xml -d exec_mode=oneshot -d earliest_time=-60m -d latest_time=now -d search="search *"

The web service returned the following message:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<results preview='0'>
<meta>
<fieldOrder />
</meta>
<messages>
  <msg type="DEBUG">Configuration initialization for C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc took 31ms when dispatching a search (search ID: 1489446839.10)</msg>
  <msg type="DEBUG">base lispy: [ AND ]</msg>
  <msg type="DEBUG">search context: user="admin", app="search", bs-pathname="C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc"</msg>
</messages>

</results>
<results preview='0'>
<meta>
<fieldOrder />
</meta>
</results>
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

teresa1688
Explorer

The issue is with using SOAPUI to replicate a cURL command.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

teresa1688
Explorer

The issue is with using SOAPUI to replicate a cURL command.

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@teresa1688 - Glad to find that you figured out the solution. Please don't forget to click "Accept" to close out your question. Thank you.

0 Karma

teresa1688
Explorer

Please close this question since the issue has been resolved. The issue was with using SOAPUI to replicate a curl command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...