Splunk Enterprise Security

Script exited abnormally with code 114

lball
Explorer

I'm getting a scripting error on our Enterprise Security server every hour:

msg="A script exited abnormally" input="$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_instrumentation/bin/instrumentation.py" stanza="default" status="exited with code 114"

Other than that, everything seems to be working. How can I resolve this error?

0 Karma
1 Solution

lakshman239
Influencer

Did the warning go after you restarted the instance? I assume you haven't added custom config to instrumentation app.

I have noticed in the past the modular inputs complained with exit code when the input wasn't initialized correctly. [ A clean stop/start or restart helped]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Did the warning go after you restarted the instance? I assume you haven't added custom config to instrumentation app.

I have noticed in the past the modular inputs complained with exit code when the input wasn't initialized correctly. [ A clean stop/start or restart helped]

0 Karma

lball
Explorer

That did the job! Thanks!

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Pls accept the comment, so this query appears answered.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...