Splunk Enterprise Security

Script exited abnormally with code 114

lball
Explorer

I'm getting a scripting error on our Enterprise Security server every hour:

msg="A script exited abnormally" input="$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_instrumentation/bin/instrumentation.py" stanza="default" status="exited with code 114"

Other than that, everything seems to be working. How can I resolve this error?

0 Karma
1 Solution

lakshman239
Influencer

Did the warning go after you restarted the instance? I assume you haven't added custom config to instrumentation app.

I have noticed in the past the modular inputs complained with exit code when the input wasn't initialized correctly. [ A clean stop/start or restart helped]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Did the warning go after you restarted the instance? I assume you haven't added custom config to instrumentation app.

I have noticed in the past the modular inputs complained with exit code when the input wasn't initialized correctly. [ A clean stop/start or restart helped]

0 Karma

lball
Explorer

That did the job! Thanks!

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Pls accept the comment, so this query appears answered.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

2024 Splunk Career Impact Survey | Earn a $20 gift card for participating!

Hear ye, hear ye! The time has come again for Splunk's annual Career Impact Survey!  We need your help by ...

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...