Security

Permissions based on specific users

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

In Splunk, I am aware that I can set read/write permissions for a view based on Splunk roles.

Is it possible to set these kind of permissions based on specific users and not roles?

For example, I may want only one end user in say the user role group to be able to do something that the other end users with the user role cannot do.

I know that I could just create a new role for this specific user but I am just checking to see if I do not have to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You'll have to create a role for this user. Permission can only be set on per-role basis.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

You'll have to create a role for this user. Permission can only be set on per-role basis.

Ant1D
Motivator

Yeah I know, it's suitable but was just checking to see if there are alternative ways. Thanks Ziegfried.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...