Getting Data In

Trying to set up a new OPSEC connection using pull-cert.sh, why am I getting "File ../certs/ already exists. Exiting."?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new OPSEC connection and using the pull-cert.sh script, but it's telling me that "File ../certs/ already exists. Exiting."

Not sure where/how it's detecting this, or how I can delete it. Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Chubbybunny
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

are there any files in $SPLUNK_home/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_opseclea_linux22/certs/
Certificate file names end in .p12. If there happens to be one already referencing the connection name, you'll find this ui error.

Workaround: delete that .p12 file then restart splunkd. Once restarted, you'll need to setup the connection from scratch again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...