Getting Data In

Log4j events line-break not consistent

banderson7
Communicator

I'm bringing in alfresco logs, in this case share.log and for the most part the events are broken up by line correctly

09:30:32,256 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.AbstractSolrService]      Nothing to push to Solr

, until they're not

09:30:42,405 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.sync.AlfrescoToSolrSyncTrackerComponent] 
09:30:42,405 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.sync.AlfrescoToSolrSyncTrackerComponent] Processing 0 orphaned content
09:30:42,405 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.AbstractSolrService]    Processing Deletes: 0
09:30:42,405 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.AbstractSolrService]      Nothing to push to Solr
09:30:42,405 INFO  [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.sync.AlfrescoToSolrSyncTrackerComponent] Alfresco-Solr Sync Alfresco Stats: Total Folders: 737; Total Documents: 44587
09:30:42,405 INFO  [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.sync.AlfrescoToSolrSyncTrackerComponent] Alfresco-Solr Sync Solr Stats: Already In Solr: 44586; Created: 1; Updated: 0; Removed: 0; Orphaned: 0
09:30:42,413 DEBUG [com.XXXXX.alfresco.services.search.sync.AlfrescoToSolrSyncTrackerComponent] Alfresco To Solr Push Sync: Job finished

My props is thus:

[XXXXXX:uat:alfresco]
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
#BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE = \d\d?:\d\d:\d\d
pulldown_type = true
maxDist = 75
category = Application

Neither line breaker nor BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE have worked on this correctly. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to add this (defaults to true; keep everything else as you showed it:

SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to add this (defaults to true; keep everything else as you showed it:

SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false

banderson7
Communicator

No change, unfortunately.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You have to restart splunk on all the indexers and it will only effect NEWLY INDEXED events.

0 Karma

banderson7
Communicator

So this is not a search time property addition? Ok, thanks.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

That is correct.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What seems to be the problem? The line breaks look OK to me. Or is the second example a single event?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

banderson7
Communicator

The second example shows as one event but it's 7 events in the log.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...