Getting Data In

Inputlookup: is it possible to use a semicolon separated CSV file? Can I configure the delimiter?

nikkkc
Path Finder

Hi,

Is it possible to use a semicolon separated CSV file? Can I configure the delimiter?

thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

renems
Communicator

Jeffland is right: doesn't work.
The only workaround is modify your data accordingly. Don't forget to add whitespace after the comma.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lydiapal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If there is anybody still looking at finding an alternative for using commas in a csv lookup file, because they CAN'T use commas, because their fields contain commas, GOOD NEWS:
You can use quotes as text delimiters and commas as field delimiters in the following fashion:

"field1","field2"
"example1 , that contains commas","something"
"example2",""
"","example3"

Splunk correctly extracts field value pairs!

0 Karma

renems
Communicator

Jeffland is right: doesn't work.
The only workaround is modify your data accordingly. Don't forget to add whitespace after the comma.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't think so. You can't upload those via the GUI, and the ones you place in the lookups folder won't work right with semicolons.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...