Getting Data In

Blockage of Queue

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

Hello All,

Some of the queues are getting blocked in Splunk. Need help to solve it.
alt text

0 Karma

user789

How did you generate this? I would like to do the same thing.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

While looking at graph, your indexing queue is blocking continuously but percentage is low, for that you are hitting IOPS issue. Have a look at very good white paper created by @dpaper_splunk for disk diagnostics.

For parsing and Aggregation queue, it looks like due to full aggregation queue & back-pressure, parsing queue also filled 100%. I'll suggest you to find which host,source ingested more data during that time and see any splunkd.log warning or error during same time like: timestamp parsing issue. Have a look at detailed pipeline diagram on https://wiki.splunk.com/Community:HowIndexingWorks and if possible configure TIMESTAMP parameter for larger datasets so that splunk parse those data quickly which will help to remediate blocking queue issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...