Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I make a mail attached PDF File look the same as my customized dashboard interface?

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi Splunk Experts,

Recently, I have configured a dashboard where i can see the sales comparison of a previous day's data in different files. If there was no mismatch in sales (Means equal), then difference box was mentioned with 00.00 amount of the color green, and if there was any mismatch in sales (means not equal), then the difference box shows the mismatched amount with the color red.

That was pretty much understandable for everyone.

Depending on this dashboard, I have scheduled a mail alert attached with a PDF file, where the PDF file will show the exact same details from that Dashboard.

But here, I'm facing an issue. The PDF file isn't showing the red and green color for a mismatching or an equal condition. It is simply showing me the mismatch values in plain text format.

Is it possible to make my PDF file like the dashboard interface? if it's YES, then please share the documented link here an help me out from this problem. 🙂

0 Karma
1 Solution

pramit46
Contributor

You can try this app. It somewhat worked for me.
https://apps.splunk.com/app/4030

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

Hi @saibal6... Did the answer below solve your question? If yes, please click “Accept” directly below the answer to resolve the post. If not, please comment with more information if you are still having issues.

pramit46
Contributor

You can try this app. It somewhat worked for me.
https://apps.splunk.com/app/4030

saibal6
Path Finder

Thanks @pramit46

I have installed it and it's working properly.

0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

Good to hear that @saibal6

Please accept the answer so that others will also be benefitted from it.

0 Karma

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @pramit46 @niketnilay @richgalloway ,

I have successfully Installed and configure the Smart PDF Exporter for Splunk and I can able to schedule my report on my time but I didn't get any mail on that specific time.

So I have checked in splunk and splunk getting me an error that

"Command error: 'installerphantomjs-2.1.1-windowsbinphantomjs' is not a valid command. Please run 'splunk help' to see the valid commands." and one more error

"ERROR Mail Server Port should be setup"

I have already find in Splunk Docs but couldn't get any document for this issues and can't able to troubleshoot it. Could you please help me on this matter?

Thanks & Regards,
@saibal6

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe this is a known problem with Splunk's PDF generator. Perhaps someone else will have specifics or a workaround.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...