Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

rwoods_splunk
Community Manager
Community Manager

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as well as our newly inducted MVP members, will gladly greet you and answer your technical and logistical questions at .conf in Las Vegas! 

That's right, if you see someone wearing a fez, they expect to be approached and are thrilled to help .conf attendees—especially first-timers.  And new this year-  you may spot a black and white stadium scarf or two in the crowd... these are Splunk MVPs, delighted to say hello and do what they can for other Splunk users in this first year of their public recognition.

Check out what these Splunk superusers have to say about .conf:

I attend .conf because it gives me a chance to meet and interact with the greater Splunk community in person. Seeing a fellow Splunker's eyes light up with an 'ah-ha!" moment after networking and problem-solving is such a great thing to experience firsthand. There is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips at just about any moment at .conf!

Charles Kuykendall
Texas, United States
Atriarc | Charles Kuykendall
Splunk-Trust-badge-blk.png

charleskuykendall.jpg

Splunk .conf to me is a time where I get to peek into how peers in my field use the same tools I do in cool ways. It opens my eyes to concepts I hadn't considered before or answered questions I had been asking myself. Between being able to finally talk to people that are also down the same rabbit hole I am (trying to converse with Windows/Linux Admins or DBAs about Splunk doesn't always work) and the interactive workshops like the Automation Games, I really get to immerse myself in everything there is with Splunk. But before all that happens, kicking off the event with BOTS the night prior to everything is probably my greatest reason to attend. The energy in the room is electric and you know everyone is working as hard as possible to keep their team's name on that scoreboard!

Brandon Sternfield 
Virginia, United States
TheLawsOfChaos | Brandon Sternfield 
MVP-Embroidery-Patch-Reference.png

image (1).png

Much like taking a walk, there is no substitute for meeting in person. Most of our daily work can be done remotely from our desks, but meeting peers to exchange ideas, to share stories of success and failure and learn from other's experience, to get to know the person behind the username and generally bond in a supportive atmosphere inspires us to do better in our daily work

Johannes Effland 
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
jeffland | jeffland

Johannes Effland.jpg

I like to help people and .conf has quite a few opportunities to do that - the hallway talks, all the community booths, random people you meet who you already know you share some common interests with so it's easier than usual to strike up a conversation and learn something about them.

The in-person aspect really is the reason I go, recent years really underscored just how much better it is when you are actually there and how doing this remotely over some sharing platform doesn't hold a candle to the in-person vibe and atmosphere.

Rich Mahlerwein
Wisconsin, United States
Richfez | Richfez

Splunk-2019573_0609-Rich Mahlerwen.jpg

I attend .conf in Las Vegas to meet all the awesome people there who are so helpful and share their knowledge and experience, feel the power of the community and bring this power home and work with this.

It doesn’t matter what’s your focus on your work, an understanding of data and being self motivated combined with the help of the community can bring so much value. Sharing is caring!

Sebastian Kramp
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
skramp | Sebastian (Basti) Kramp

Sebastian Kramp.PNG

Not only do the SplunkTrust help the wandering attendee, they volunteer as experts, they hang at the Community Zone to answer questions and connect others with resources, and they give the often highest-rated sessions at .conf!

From Platform sessions like "Administrators Anonymous VI: Splunk best practices and useful tricks I learned the hard way" and "I Can SPL, Too: A User Panel Shares Experiences, Tips, & Tricks on Using SPL2 in Multiple Splunk Products," to Observability sessions such as "ITSIncredible: From ITSI to OnCall - Direct and Meaningful Alerting: Getting to the Point" and "ITSI: The Tip of the Iceberg," check out a list of all the .conf24 SplunkTrust sessions in the Conference Catalog!

Join us in Las Vegas for .conf24 June 11-14, and be sure to stop by and say hi to a SplunkTrust or MVP member! 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...