All Apps and Add-ons

dbconnect and mysql

hannanp
Path Finder

I have installed 1.0.11 recently and have the Oracle part working correctly. I am attempting to connect to a MySQL db. For some reason I am getting the error:
command="dbquery", Error getting database connection: ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data.

I have the 5.1.25 mysql jar file in the correct spot. The ojdbc6 is in the correct spot as well. I can connect to an Oracle db just fine. The query I have for the MySQL will run outside of splunk so I know the username/pass is correct as well as the db name.

It has to be a simple thing I am missing. Do I need to add the connection manually for MySQL? The bridge is running as well so that isn't the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

hannanp
Path Finder

This turned out to be the MySQL driver in case anyone gets the same error. I downloaded a very old driver 5.0.x and installed it and it worked. It was confusing since the app said to use 5.1.7 or newer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hannanp
Path Finder

This turned out to be the MySQL driver in case anyone gets the same error. I downloaded a very old driver 5.0.x and installed it and it worked. It was confusing since the app said to use 5.1.7 or newer.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi, yes -- you do need to set up connection details for the mysql instance before dbquery can talk to it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...