All Apps and Add-ons

dbconnect and mysql

hannanp
Path Finder

I have installed 1.0.11 recently and have the Oracle part working correctly. I am attempting to connect to a MySQL db. For some reason I am getting the error:
command="dbquery", Error getting database connection: ResultSet is from UPDATE. No Data.

I have the 5.1.25 mysql jar file in the correct spot. The ojdbc6 is in the correct spot as well. I can connect to an Oracle db just fine. The query I have for the MySQL will run outside of splunk so I know the username/pass is correct as well as the db name.

It has to be a simple thing I am missing. Do I need to add the connection manually for MySQL? The bridge is running as well so that isn't the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

hannanp
Path Finder

This turned out to be the MySQL driver in case anyone gets the same error. I downloaded a very old driver 5.0.x and installed it and it worked. It was confusing since the app said to use 5.1.7 or newer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hannanp
Path Finder

This turned out to be the MySQL driver in case anyone gets the same error. I downloaded a very old driver 5.0.x and installed it and it worked. It was confusing since the app said to use 5.1.7 or newer.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi, yes -- you do need to set up connection details for the mysql instance before dbquery can talk to it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...