All Apps and Add-ons

What's causing the error 'Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'user' when trying to output data to a table containing a field named "user" in DBConnect 3.1.1?

letienne
Path Finder

Hello,

I'm trying to output data to a table containing a field named "user". User being a reserved keyword in SQL, it throws the following error:

2018-05-01 10:15:09.378 +0200  [QuartzScheduler_Worker-10] INFO  com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger - operation=dboutput connection_name=aaa stanza_name=bbb state=error sql='INSERT INTO "ccc"."dbo"."ddd" (eee,**user**,fff,ggg) values (?,?,?,?)' message='Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'user'.'

Is there any way to workaround this, such as forcing it to be called enclosed by brackets

sql='INSERT INTO "ccc"."dbo"."ddd" ([eee],**[user]**,[fff],[ggg]) values (?,?,?,?)' 

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

letienne
Path Finder

Answering my own question...

I was able to work around this by enclosing my user (to [user]) field in the customized_mappings stanza in db_outputs.conf and restarting splunk.

View solution in original post

letienne
Path Finder

Answering my own question...

I was able to work around this by enclosing my user (to [user]) field in the customized_mappings stanza in db_outputs.conf and restarting splunk.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...