All Apps and Add-ons

TA-WebTools

Kendo213
Communicator

I've installed this on a Splunk box running 7.3.1. Initially, the first scheduled CURL input worked, with a simple URI of the following:

https://api.ssllabs.com/api/v3/analyze?host=mydomain.com

I cloned this input, changing the domain in the URI, and the additional input didn't function. I deleted all inputs, and tried again, and still wasn't successful. I've also removed the Webtools app, and re-installed it, which didn't work. I do see these errors in the internal logs, if they're helpful:

2020-01-21 10:09:07,236 ERROR pid=115445 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:307 | Get error when collecting events.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-webtools/bin/ta_webtools/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 127, in stream_events
self.collect_events(ew)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-webtools/bin/curl_inputs.py", line 88, in collect_events
input_module.collect_events(self, ew)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-webtools/bin/input_module_curl_inputs.py", line 43, in collect_events
if len(payload)>0:
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Running curl with SPL does work correctly, and one of the inputs did work at one point. I'm not inserting any headers, or anything special.

Any ideas?

0 Karma

Kendo213
Communicator

Yeah - that was my first check - but I can do the curl from the server, or with SPL via this add-on from the same device. I'm assuming it isn't that based on testing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...