All Apps and Add-ons

How to monitor Splunk APIs in Oracle database?

rchittip
Path Finder

Hi All,
I have a requirement to monitor the APIs which resides in Oracle database. The output of the APIs would be in Boolean value "0" or "1". Value 1 indicates an error and the team needs an alert.

I have gone through all REST API documentation in Splunk but couldn't find any solution.

Can someone suggest to me if this monitoring is feasible in Splunk and how to proceed with it?

Thanks,
Ramu Chittiprolu

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the API is in Oracle then you need to consult the Oracle API documentation. Once you've found the API calls that return the data you want, use the REST API Modular Input app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1546) on Splunk to index the returned information.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

rchittip
Path Finder

Can't I use Dbconnect for Oracle?

I know 5 APIs needs to be called and already loaded with REST API app in Splunk. But it is asking endpoint URL which I don't have.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you can use DB Connect if the data you want is available using a SQL query.

If you're making API calls you must have a URL. It'll be the Oracle host plus a port number. See the Oracle docs or your Oracle admin/DBA for details.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...