Splunk Search

How to search two strings and create a message in email body?

sandeepparcha44
Explorer

Hi Team,

I am trying to search <string1> and <String2> from different lines in same log having 100 lines, if both matched i want to show in result with _time, Sring1, String2. Please assist me.

Sample log is like below

... 66 lines omitted ...

Linexx

Linexx ]: "<string1>"

Linexx <string2>

Result should be link 

_time , String1 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the 100 lines are all in the same event then a simple AND should do it.

index=foo "string1" "string2"
| eval string1="string1"
| table _time string1

The result will not be a link, however.

If the 100 lines are in separate events then correlating string1 and string2 requires something common to the two events.  What would that be?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

sandeepparcha44
Explorer

Thank you for reply,

Sorry i missed one thing, Sting 1 is like "*(DC)_String1",  when it is showing result it show DC_String1. Is it possible.

Example like AZ_String1 or TX_String1 like this.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A side note - remember that searching for terms with a wildcard at the start is very inefficient.

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is possible only if you state the problem accurately.  Using the same formula as @richgalloway's,

index=foo "*_String1" "string2"
| rex "\b(?<dc_string>\w+_String1)\b"
| table _time dc_string

Based on your example, the above assumes that this (DC)_String1 is surrounded by word boundaries.

Tags (1)

sandeepparcha44
Explorer

Example like AZ_String1 or TX_String1 like this.

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then the above rex should give you that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...