Splunk Search

How to edit my search to filter out results where the HTTP Referrer contains a Blank or a Dash?

saqibhome
Explorer

I have a search as follows:

(Referrer!="*bing*" AND Referrer!="*google*")

Note: Referrer is the http_referrer field from Apache Logs.

The above includes log entries that have the Referrer as blank and also the one that have a - (dash)

How can I filter out the entries that have dash and blanks as well? I tried the following but it didn't do the trick:

(Referrer!="*bing*" AND Referrer!="*google*" AND Referrer!="\\-" AND Referrer="*")

Please advise

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

(Referrer!="*bing*" AND Referrer!="*google*" | where NOT like(Referrer,"%-%") AND NOT like(Referrer,"%*%")
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried this?

(Referrer!="*bing*" AND Referrer!="*google*" AND Referrer!="-" AND Referrer!="")
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

saqibhome
Explorer

Yes, that doesn't filter out entries where the Referrer is set to - (dash)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...