Dashboards & Visualizations

how to Add a link in dashboard to open other dashboard like drill down

umsundar2015
Path Finder

Hi ,

My requirement is to keep a link in a dashboard , which should open another dashboard or report .The linked dashboard will have a statistical table of data .The data should be based on the filter selection from parent dashboard.

Please help me out to sort this out.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For example if your parent dashboard and target dashboard both have a time picker and a dropdown, then they will both have these elements:

<input type="time" token="time_tok">
<input type="dropdown" token="foo">

In the drilldown action of the parent element, you'll need to pass the token values to the target in the url. If it's a table or some visualization like that, it might look like this:

<drilldown>
  <link target="_blank">/app/<your_app>/<target_dashboard>?form.foo=$foo$&form.time_tok.earliest=$time_tok.earliest$&form.time_tok.latest=$time_tok.latest$</link>
</drilldown>

If the token names are different on the target dashboard, you'll need to change the names accordingly. If you want the drilldown to actually come from a link and not a table, you'll have to change the link target to update on token changes. This could be done like this:

<panel>
  <html>
    <a href="<url>/target_dashboard?form.foo=$foo$&form.time_tok.earliest=$time_tok.earliest$&form.time_tok.latest=$time_tok.latest$">Link to target dashboard with filters based on this pages settings</a>
  <html>
<panel>

You should refer to these docs for more detail. You are most interested in <link> and <drilldown>.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...