All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect

Poojita
Explorer

Hi..

I used Splunk DB Connect to connect to DB2 on zOS but when i try to save database values in the splunk console i get the following error "Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'databases': Error validating database: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-142, SQLSTATE=42612, SQLERRMC=null, DRIVER=4.16.53"

Also I edited the database config file in the /$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/local but i am not sure if its correct.

Guide me on the same. Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

Poojita
Explorer

database_types.confg file looks something like this:

[db2zOS]
displayName = DB2 on zOS
jdbcDriverClass= com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
defaultPort = 591
connectionUrlFormat = jdbc:db2//{0}:{1}/{2}
testQuery = SELECT current date FROM sysibm.sysdummy1;

I checked the link which u posted and i had referred this link to edit the config file but the error remains the same. I dont know where i am going wrong.

0 Karma

Poojita
Explorer

Thank u 🙂 This helped me 🙂

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See this answer. http://answers.splunk.com/answers/121057/error-in-db2-connectivity-with-splunk-db2.html

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A similar question was answered here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/117024/splunk-db-connect-db2.html

---

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We can't tell if your config file edits are correct without knowing what they are.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...