Whenever you provide only the 'clicked value', then splunk probably thinks that it has to add the protocol as well as the app to redirect your URL correctly. If you check the resulted URL after your 'click', you can verify this - splunk prefixes the URL with current apps location.
Whenever you hardcode the URL, splunk identifies the protocol and redirection URL and it does not add any prefixes .
So probably you will have to provide the urls without protocol (https/http) and add this as part of the if possible.
Please see here https://answers.splunk.com/answers/85517/drill-down-to-absolute-url-using-click-value.html if it helps
... View more
Which is pretty much what I was telling you (and why I pointed you to my other answer which is a good way around this whole mess). You can flip back and forth between ignoreOlderThan and not, by adding/removing the setting: no problem. It is no surprise to find that Splunk is still monitoring them to some degree because it has to mark them as inactive and store that state somehow/somewhere. The way to test if the ignoreOlderThan setting is working is to wait the desired amount of days with no change at which point Splunk will mark it to ignore FOREVER. Then send new events to the file and confirm that those new events are not forwarded, which is the intention of the setting (but not what most people expect).
... View more
Sorry for not updating this, but Martin has got it right, the search runtime's lack of difference was really due to my oversight of trying to search a single peer rather than across multiple peer (parallelization). Comparing the search time of a search targeting a single peer vs a local search wasn't fair as there was obvious overheard (network/communication).
... View more
Splunk forwarder not forwarding all data
A customer was running 2 indexers. One failed and all logs were not being forwarded to the active indexer. Customer checked logs submitted for the indexer and a number of forwarders and the issue appeared to the customer to be occurring from only one forwarder. The other forwarders were reportedly working fine.
One working hypothesis to this issue is that there may be a network issue (possibly a firewall) that is preventing data from getting from the forwarder to the indexer.
A secondary hypothesis is that there is a load-balancing issue that may be addressed with 'forceTimebasedAutoLB' setting in forwarder's outputs.conf.
How to troubleshoot:
(1.) If the deployment is either Linux or Windows, telnet from the host to the receiver to confirm whether there is an established connection, as seen below:
telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 9996 (dest. IP & dest. port) (if "connection failed" error is thrown, there is typically a firewall impeding traffic)
If the deployment is Linux, run 'iptables -L -n' to find detailed information of source and destination IP addresses along with any firewall ports. 'This will return the current set of rules. There can be a few rules set here even if your firewall rules haven't been applied. Just look for lines that match your given rulesets. This will give you an idea of what rules have been entered to the system.'
If the deployment is Solaris, run 'netstat -un -P tcp' or 'netstat -un -P udp'
(2.) If no firewalls are found, enable 'forceTimebasedAutoLB' setting in HF/UF outputs.conf and confirm that traffic is being properly load balanced between receivers.
We confirmed that there were no firewall rules preventing data from getting to active indexer after primary indexer outage.
I engaged in a WebEx call with customer in which 'forceTimebasedAutoLB' setting was discussed in an effort to cause the forwarder to send data to an active indexer in any event that an indexer experiences an outage.
We tested the configuration of the 'forceTimebasedAutoLB' parameter in outputs.conf with the stoppage of a primary indexer and found expected logs that once were not being received.
The customer formerly reported resolution to the issue.
... View more