Training + Certification Discussions

splunk certification exam cost

lmjoin
Explorer

Hello ,

Need information about Splunk certification cost but not interested in any course or training .
I have seen $125 for exam fee but not clear , is it clear or not . Please do need full for same.

Thanks
Lalit

Tags (1)
1 Solution

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

If you are looking for the Splunk Core Certified User test, the cost is only $125 USD and the Fundamentals 1 is the required course. It is free and online.

If you are looking for advanced certifications, such as Power User or Admin, the test cost remains the same, $125 USD. But, for this case, you will have to complete Fundamentals 2 (For both Power User and Admin) and Enterprise System Administration / Enterprise Data Administration (Admin). This is why you seemed the certification as about $2000 USD, because of the courses cost. Remember that the Core User is prerequisite for Power User, and Power User is prerequisite for Admin.

I suggest you reading the blueprint of the exams and the certification track flowcharts to understand better the relation between the Splunk certifications.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lostnomad311

As a self learner and a senior developer of some 15 years , I find the idea of going back to a classroom setting after over a decade ...upsetting .
I've been told that I have to take the courses with the Splunk people in order to take the exams , is this true ?

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

It used to be (when the above comments were made) but some of the exams are now possible without the previously mandatory courses.
The prices and retake policy remain the same,

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

lmjoin
Explorer

Hello ,

Thanks for information.

Can we slip " $2000 USD, because of the courses cost".

Thanks
Lalit

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

If you are looking for the Splunk Core Certified User test, the cost is only $125 USD and the Fundamentals 1 is the required course. It is free and online.

If you are looking for advanced certifications, such as Power User or Admin, the test cost remains the same, $125 USD. But, for this case, you will have to complete Fundamentals 2 (For both Power User and Admin) and Enterprise System Administration / Enterprise Data Administration (Admin). This is why you seemed the certification as about $2000 USD, because of the courses cost. Remember that the Core User is prerequisite for Power User, and Power User is prerequisite for Admin.

I suggest you reading the blueprint of the exams and the certification track flowcharts to understand better the relation between the Splunk certifications.

0 Karma

jamieadahan
Path Finder

@alonsocaiodo you know if you have to take the splunk courses in-order to take the certification exams? Can I learn the material in other ways and then sign up for the Certification exam all the same?

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi, @jamieadahan 

I took a look at most available certifications on Splunk Learning website and most of them are listing the courses as "highly recommend" prerequisite, but not required for the certification exam. So I guess that yes, you can study using Splunk docs and other materials in order to take your certification.

Also, you just need to pay attention on the certifications that needs another previous certification as prerequisite , such as Architect and Developer, that requires the Admin certification.

I also recommend you to take a look at the certification tracks you like and get the test blueprint, It will help a lot to guide your study.

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Which cert are you looking for ?
All the details are here : https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/Splunk-Certification-Handbook-v.8.31.2018.pdf

0 Karma

lmjoin
Explorer

Hello David,

I am getting information as below , but Admin certification as seemed 2k $.

Must have a Splunk.com account/username, linked to a valid, current email address.
● Must create an account with PearsonVUE: www.pearsonvue.com/splunk. Note: the name
used for exam registration must match the full name on candidate’s photo ID.
● Must be at least 18 years of age. Candidates age 13‑17 who wish to participate must
provide a signed parental acknowledgement form (available as Exhibit 1, attached to the
Splunk Certification Agreement, included on page 12)
● Must pay registration fee of $125 per exam (or $500 for 5 exam registrations).
● Must provide valid photo ID and a second form of identification showing legal name (e.g.
credit card, military ID, student ID, etc.) at the time of exam

Thanks
Lalit

0 Karma

shilpijain
Explorer

I have question how long that 500$ voucher remain valid also if we have taken courses can we attempt splunk admin exam directly?

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Vouchers expire approximately one year from the date of issue. Exams must take place on or before voucher expiration date.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

There's course cost and exam cost, and i think the course includes a take on the exam but im not sure

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...