Training + Certification Discussions

Lab/Training when Splunk already installed for Production Environment

pasjete

I already have Splunk installed for my company's production and QA environments. I am attempting to do the Splunk Fundamental training and am wondering how to setup/access the training Splunk lab.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Install Splunk on your workstation.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

pasjete

I already have Splunk Cloud installed on my PC to access the company's production and QA environments. I am attempting to do the Splunk Fundamental training and am wondering how to setup/access the training. Since I already have it intalled, not dure how the above answer would work.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm confused by that response. One does not install Splunk to access Splunk. The only access tool needed is a web browser. Additionally, one cannot install Splunk Cloud at all. Splunk Cloud is a service run by Splunk on their hardware. Again, you just need a browser to use Splunk Cloud.

---
0 Karma

pasjete

OK, if I am setup with access to Splunk Cloud pointing to my company's data, How I do the training? I would assume I need the role that is required for training and access to something other than my companies data

The very first lab in the training guide tells me to "Install Splunk", so forgive for questioning it using that verbiage.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just follow the instructions in the training guide. You will install the Splunk software on your computer and then load the necessary data. You'll then point your browser to "localhost" instead of the Splunk Cloud address. It will have no effect on your company's installations nor on your ability to access your company's Splunk.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...