Splunk Search

searchFieldsToDisplay order

timmalos
Communicator

I cant manage to find a way to order my select as I want.
I got this script:

<module name="SearchSelectLister" layoutPanel="viewHeader" autoRun="True">
            <param name="searchFieldsToDisplay">
                <list>
                    <param name="value">Name</param>
                    <param name="label">Name</param>
                </list>
                <list>
                    <param name="value">Id</param>
                    <param name="label">Id</param>
                </list>
            </param>

My problem is that the values in the pulldown are shown in this order : Name1, Id1, Name2, Id2, Name3, Id3 etc... I would the following order : Name1, Name2, Name3,...Name N, Id1, Id2,...IdN

Is it possible?

0 Karma
1 Solution

timmalos
Communicator

I got around my problem and did a search that returns both Name and Id in a same field (Sorted like i wanted) so that I can have only one list in my searchFieldsToDisplay module.

index="infra_vmware" $host$ earliest=-2h latest=now|dedup Id| eval Id=Id+","+Name)|table Id| makemv delim="," Id|mvexpand Id|sort Id

Don't know if it's the best solution, but works 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

timmalos
Communicator

I got around my problem and did a search that returns both Name and Id in a same field (Sorted like i wanted) so that I can have only one list in my searchFieldsToDisplay module.

index="infra_vmware" $host$ earliest=-2h latest=now|dedup Id| eval Id=Id+","+Name)|table Id| makemv delim="," Id|mvexpand Id|sort Id

Don't know if it's the best solution, but works 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...