Driving me crazy.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this?

main search foo [subsearch foo | eval username = lower(replace(username, "@.*", "")) | dedup username | fields username]

Removes everything after an @ symbol, converts to lower case, dedups, builds a huge OR'd expression to filter the main search.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this?

main search foo [subsearch foo | eval username = lower(replace(username, "@.*", "")) | dedup username | fields username]

Removes everything after an @ symbol, converts to lower case, dedups, builds a huge OR'd expression to filter the main search.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does that mean your question is solved?

0 Karma

TobiasBoone
Communicator

I wasn't using eval in conjunction with the replace command correctly 😞

This example with another pipe to eval to get rid of the domain\ seems to be doing the trick. Thank you SO much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...