Splunk Search

field extraction a specific match in a field

davidbarat

Hello,

I have an issue with this type of log :

[5/22/20 14:46:23:381 GMT] 0000009c ThreadMonitor 3 UsageInfo[ThreadPool:hung/active/size/max]={server.startup:0/0/1/3,ProcessDiscovery:0/0/1/2,TCPChannel.DCS:0/2/4/20,HAManager.thread.pool:0/0/2/2,Default:0/2/6/20}

I create a regex which works :

rex field=_raw "\[(?[^\[]*)\]\s(?[^\s]*)\s(?[^\s]*)\s(?[^\s]*)\s(?.{11})(?\[\w.*\])(?[\=])\{((?\w.*?):(?\d+)\/(?\d+)\/(?\d+)\/(?\d+))+"                                                                                                                                                 | table timestamp threadname hung max

But the threadname is always the first match, in my case server.startup.

Is it possible to add a where clause to extract the desired threadname, for example HAManager ?
And I can't modify props.conf because I don't have admin right.

Thanks for your help

David

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
Legend

1) Always mark your code so HTML-like aspects <threadname>don't get stripped out by the forum.

2) If you want to find all matches, use the max_match=0 parameter to get all matches for your rex.

3) if you are looking for only the value of a fixed name like HAManager.thread.pool:0/0/2/2,, then just use that name as your rex.

| rex field=_raw "HAManager.thread.pool:(?<threadpoolvalue>[^,]+)"

4) If you are looking for ALL values, then rex JUST the relevant matchable items.

| rex field=_raw max-match=0 "\b(?<threadpoolname>[^:]+):(?<threadpoolvalue>\d+\/\d+\/\d+\/\d+)\b"

Those are aircode, so they may require some adjustment.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

1) Always mark your code so HTML-like aspects <threadname>don't get stripped out by the forum.

2) If you want to find all matches, use the max_match=0 parameter to get all matches for your rex.

3) if you are looking for only the value of a fixed name like HAManager.thread.pool:0/0/2/2,, then just use that name as your rex.

| rex field=_raw "HAManager.thread.pool:(?<threadpoolvalue>[^,]+)"

4) If you are looking for ALL values, then rex JUST the relevant matchable items.

| rex field=_raw max-match=0 "\b(?<threadpoolname>[^:]+):(?<threadpoolvalue>\d+\/\d+\/\d+\/\d+)\b"

Those are aircode, so they may require some adjustment.

0 Karma

davidbarat

Thanks @DalJeanis I have modified my request by adding a fixed name and it's work fine.
I will modify my original post to display the code @richgalloway .
Thanks both of you.
David

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've formatted the question to display the query as code. Please edit it to show the correct regular expression.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...