Splunk Search

auto-arima in arima model

vinitpathri
Path Finder

i am creating a model for the prediction of license usage in our environment.

tried many combination(around 25) of p,d,q for ARIMA, got few results which are best among the rest .

i want to know is it possible to use auto-arima in splunk?
if yes the please share the SPL.

Thanks in advance

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

auto Arima is not there in MLTK today but I would suggest to look into the new statespace algorithm provided out of box in MLTK.

vinitpathri
Path Finder

as in Kalman filter?

0 Karma

vinitpathri
Path Finder

actually not able to do much experiments with kalman filter and with default parameters i am not getting satisfactory results.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What parameters you're looking for? you can check the documentation here : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/5.1.0/User/Algorithms#StateSpaceForecast

Also, Arima ( not auto arima) is available out of the box in MLTK. Check that option too.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is Kalman filter with an ability to save and reuse the model..what's your usecases?

0 Karma

vinitpathri
Path Finder

i want to predict the license usage in my environment.
so my dataset is simple with 2 fields,
"date" and "license used on that date".

0 Karma

tauliang
Communicator

Auto-ARIMA is supported in other languages like R, however, I don't see a way to use it out of the box with Splunk MLTK.

Of course, one can always add a custom algorithm to the MLTK. I'd love to know as well how one can use auto-ARIMA without writing any custom code.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...