I currently have a Heavy Forwarder that forwards logs to Splunk Cloud but the heavy forwarder version is at version 8.0.6 and I have started to have problems with this add-on (DB Connect) as I can connect to the database, splunk detects the table but does not read the tables contents to ingest them.
After asking for support I was told that I had an outdated version of DB Connect in version 3.4.0 and I should update it to version 3.12.2.
I just updated it and I still have problems with the add-in, I guess now I should focus on updating the version of Splunk that I use as Fowarder to the latest version.
I would be grateful if you could let me know if I need to upgrade Splunk from version 8.0.6 splunk 9.x to Splunk 9.x:
1. login via ssh
2. Stop the splunk service from /opt/splunk/bin
3. Back up the splunk folder using the command tar -czvf splunk.tar.gz splunk and delete the uncompressed folder.
4. Download version 8.1.x or 8.2.x first before upgrading to version 9.x (as recommended in the documentation).
5. Proceed with the installation of the 8.1.x or 8.2.x version.
6. I download version 9.x and install it.
Please let me know if I have omitted anything or if there are any errors in the list I have described.