Splunk Search

Time difference within a transaction command

tbrown
Path Finder

I have a search that uses the transaction:

| transaction startswith=<...> endswith=<...>

Command to group it into certain events I want to see. How would I search this even further to get the time difference between each event in this transaction and then graph these time differences to a line/bar graph with the events/hosts on X-axis and time on y-axis. There are no specific fields for each event that I want to use to calculate the time difference, I only want to show the time difference between each and every raw log in this transaction.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
The duration field shows the time difference between the first and last events in the transaction. To get the deltas between individual events you'll have to parse the transaction.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

tbrown
Path Finder

@richgalloway 

What would that command look like then? I have been trying to parse the transactions but haven't been able to find a working command that calculates the delta times.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...