Splunk Search

Step By Step Searches

jimjohn
Path Finder

Hi
If I feel difficult to achieve the search result in a single search,is there any way to do it in multiple steps like plsql procedures?
I mean i have 2 search result from 2 different sources and i want to merge the result is there any way?
i tried to join data but it will not solve my requirements.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

wpreston
Motivator

How about the append command?

... search 1 | append [search search 2 ...]
0 Karma

wpreston
Motivator

Without knowing more about your data or your requirements, like somesoni2 said, it is difficult to help. I'm guessing that you need to use transaction in both searches? If so, you could use transaction on either side of append, like so:

... your search 1 
| transaction <transaction options> 
| append [search your search 2 
    | transaction <options>]
| your report command

Or if you need to make a single transaction out of results from both searches you could try:

source=1 OR source=2 search1 OR search 2
| transaction <options>
| report command
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It would be better if can share the two searches, you're using currently and the requirement for combined search.

jimjohn
Path Finder

Ok fine.But In my requirement I doesn't have specific input sting.I need to group column data using transaction.

0 Karma

wpreston
Motivator

Agreed, much better than append if the searches lend themselves to it.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

or use the two sources in the base search

source=1 OR source=2 searchstring1 OR searchstring2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...