Splunk Search

Splunk users won't update in Ldap authentication

dunyaelbasan
Path Finder

I can't assign roles to and can't see new users in Splunk search head for last 2 weeks. We have LDAP auth.

A part of the Log:

07-06-2020 11:15:31.651 +0300 ERROR AuthenticationManagerLDAP - Couldn't find matching groups for user="ext01d3695". Search filter="(&(uid=EXT01D3695)(&(status=1)(l=KAYSERI)))" strategy="TEST-ISTANBUL"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Has this ever worked? If so, what changed two weeks ago?
Have you reviewed your LDAP configuration?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

dunyaelbasan
Path Finder

Yes, it has been working without any problems for last 3 months.  LDAP admins didn't change anything on config side.  Is there a kind of log file for examining the errors except for splunkd.log?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Yes, there are many log files in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk. I don't have access to an LDAP-authenticated system to verify, but I believe the file you want is splunkd.log.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Yes, those errors are stored at least Splunkd.log as @richgalloway said.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...