Splunk Search

Splunk Transaction command for events multiple time/day

sarwshai
Communicator

I am using this query "index=oswin* source="WinEventLog:System" (EventCode=6005 OR EventCode=1074 OR EventCode=6006) | table _time dvc EventCode | transaction dvc"
6005=evealt textnt service start
6006=event service stop
1074=server reboot

If event id 6006 at time x occurs and before and after 5 minutes of x if 6005 or 1074 occur then i dont need the output, for this i used transaction to count the duration between the 3 eventcodes and getting the output, however when in a day 2 or more reboots are done than duration i get is large as it calculates difference of between the two reboots of the same dvc.
I need separate grouping of the two reboots done.

Sample ouput attached

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try experimenting with the maxpause option of transaction. It will create separate transactions if the gap between events is large enough.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...