Splunk Search

Splunk Integration with Umbrella: Problem to show the data

jaciro11
Path Finder

Hello Splunk Forum TEAM,

I have a question refered to the integration because right now I receive the information whitout problems but when I try to check in in a search I can´t find any log.

Here is where we use the scripts for pull data and delete after 30 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-5. In $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA-cisco_umbrella/local/inputs.conf create the following stanzas. Make sure you change the path and index in the monitor stanza if necessary!

[script://./bin/pull-umbrella-logs.sh]
disabled = 0
interval = 300
index = _internal
sourcetype = cisco:umbrella:input
start_by_shell = false

[script://./bin/delete-old-umbrella-logs.sh]
disabled = 0
interval = 600
index = _internal
sourcetype = cisco:umbrella:cleanup
start_by_shell = false

[monitor:///opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-cisco_umbrella/data/dnslogs/*/*.csv.gz]
disabled = 0
index = opendns
sourcetype = opendns:dnslogs

-6. Verify data is coming in and you are seeing the proper field extractions by searching the data.
----Example Search: index=awsindexyouchose sourcetype=opendns:dnslogs
----Note: You can look for script output by searching: index=_internal sourcetype=cisco:umbrella*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when I try to do the next search: index=_internal sourcetype=cisco:umbrella* I dont retrive data.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have access to the _internal index?

Can you run the scripts manually to verify they work as expected?

Have you checked splunkd.log for errors?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...