Splunk Search

Splunk Integration with Umbrella: Problem to show the data

jaciro11
Path Finder

Hello Splunk Forum TEAM,

I have a question refered to the integration because right now I receive the information whitout problems but when I try to check in in a search I can´t find any log.

Here is where we use the scripts for pull data and delete after 30 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-5. In $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA-cisco_umbrella/local/inputs.conf create the following stanzas. Make sure you change the path and index in the monitor stanza if necessary!

[script://./bin/pull-umbrella-logs.sh]
disabled = 0
interval = 300
index = _internal
sourcetype = cisco:umbrella:input
start_by_shell = false

[script://./bin/delete-old-umbrella-logs.sh]
disabled = 0
interval = 600
index = _internal
sourcetype = cisco:umbrella:cleanup
start_by_shell = false

[monitor:///opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-cisco_umbrella/data/dnslogs/*/*.csv.gz]
disabled = 0
index = opendns
sourcetype = opendns:dnslogs

-6. Verify data is coming in and you are seeing the proper field extractions by searching the data.
----Example Search: index=awsindexyouchose sourcetype=opendns:dnslogs
----Note: You can look for script output by searching: index=_internal sourcetype=cisco:umbrella*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when I try to do the next search: index=_internal sourcetype=cisco:umbrella* I dont retrive data.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have access to the _internal index?

Can you run the scripts manually to verify they work as expected?

Have you checked splunkd.log for errors?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...