Splunk Search

Splunk DB Connect 1: Where do I put the token name in a dbquery search string for a chart drilldown?

kavyaa
Explorer

Hi,

I'm using Splunk 6.2.3 and DB Connect 1. I have connected to an Oracle database. I have applied an input drilldown on a chart, but it is showing "error in dbquery command". this command must be in first search". Please help me and share any document for this.

Thanks in advance,
A.kavya.alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator

try like:

| dbquery Oracle limit=1000 "SELECT DISTINCTn EFZ_VIEW_DWT_CBS_GL_BAL.COMPANY_CODE as Subsidiary,n EFZ_VIEW_DWT_CBS_ ...."|eval your_field_name="$field1$"|where your_filter_field=your_field_name|....

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

try like:

| dbquery Oracle limit=1000 "SELECT DISTINCTn EFZ_VIEW_DWT_CBS_GL_BAL.COMPANY_CODE as Subsidiary,n EFZ_VIEW_DWT_CBS_ ...."|eval your_field_name="$field1$"|where your_filter_field=your_field_name|....

kavyaa
Explorer

Yes. Thank you verymuch. I have already got it. I have tried like that same process

fdi01
Motivator

i happy for you.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

dbquery command must exist as the first word in the query. you can use token fields inside the query or later part.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...