Splunk Search

Single Value Sparklines

craigwilkinson
Path Finder

Hi All,

I've recently created a single value dashboard panel with % trend, and sparkline underneath showing the current Splunk transmission speed, using the following search:

earliest=-24h@h latest=@h index=_internal sourcetype=*splunkd* source=*metrics*  group=per_index_thruput series=*app* OR series=_* |  eval gb=(kb/1024/1024)   | timechart span=1h sum(gb) AS totalGB

However, notice that the sparkline is constantly near zero, as the single value fluctuates around 0.65.

Is there a way to increase the scale/resolution of the sparkline so it will show fluctuations, rather than just showing 0 all the time.

alt text

Thanks,

Craig

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi craigwilkinson ,
did you tried to change scale (e.g. MB/h instead GB/h)?
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gokadroid
Motivator

How about showing the data in MB/h and then seeking that fluctuation if requirement permits.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...