Splunk Search

Searching issues in comparing data

user290317
Explorer

Hi Splunker beginner here.

I'm having an issue in forming the search syntax for comparing the biggest amount of client logs deleted accidentally on a current day as opposed to the average of the previous month. I'm here at the moment source="deleted.xml" earliest=-d ACCIDENTAL_DELETES > ...

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The pseudo search would be like this

source="deleted.xml" earliest=@d ACCIDENTAL_DELETES > ...
| stats count by client_indentifier_field
| where count>[search source="deleted.xml" earliest=-1mon@m latest=@mon ACCIDENTAL_DELETES > ..   | query to calculate last month's average | table average | rename average  as query]

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The pseudo search would be like this

source="deleted.xml" earliest=@d ACCIDENTAL_DELETES > ...
| stats count by client_indentifier_field
| where count>[search source="deleted.xml" earliest=-1mon@m latest=@mon ACCIDENTAL_DELETES > ..   | query to calculate last month's average | table average | rename average  as query]

user290317
Explorer

With some additional play around with the syntax I managed to solve it. Thanks.

0 Karma

user290317
Explorer

To be more specific I'm searching for all the amounts of accidental deletes on the current day that supersedes the avg for the previous month.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...