I have a field Month that have values like this

1-2013
10-2014
9-2014

i would like to get 0X-YYYY if month <10

so 1-2013 becomes 01-2013
10-2014 stays 10-2014
9-2014 becomes 09-2014

I've tried rex mode=sed field="Month" "s/(^[0-9]-.*)/0\1/" (it works fine on linux but not on Splunk ..)

Could you help me ?

Thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

I'm not familiar with sed mode, but have you tried escaping the square brackets with a backslash. Whenever a regex fails to match the expected results my first thought is always escaping special characters. Some regex modes assume special meaning unless expressly suppressed whilst others are the reverse, and just for fun some assume special meaning for one subset whilst not for others. It can be mind-bendingly confusing.

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

about using eval?

・・・|eval Month=if(len(Month)==6,"0"+Month,Month)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...