abc accounts/*/balance

abc accounts/*/name

xyz /user/*/details

And I've log like - 

app endpoint responsecode

ms1 accounts/12345/balance 200

ms2 prod/accounts/98765/name 500

ms1 /user/randomuserid/details 403

I want to search with the uri field from lookup, which contains regex and additionally doesn't exactly match with the endpoint field of log (it's like this - *uri*==endpoint). 

I am trying to get result like this - 

app url clientid 

ms1 accounts/*/balance abc 

ms1 /user/*/details xyz

ms2 accounts/*/name abc

Is it doable via inputlookup? I've around 2500 rows in my lookup file.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do your endpoints always end word/number/word? If so, you could extract the two words and combine them to make a string word/*/word and use that to lookup the clientid

0 Karma

pjtbasu
Explorer

No they don't. Those are absolutely randomized 2000+ end points. I've previously tried to create regex value but then I've to tackle case by case, which won't be possible for 2000+ possible endpoints. So I had to abandon that.

That is the reason I created a lookup from a different source. Now in all cases *uri* == endpoint, but still not sure how to achieve that. I was trying match_type in lookup definition. But could not make it to work 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...