Splunk Search

Is it possible to launch a connector in Splunkbase?

abhilashr

Hi All,

We have a prediction platform and we have developed a connector that can explore Splunk SDK for search and data export from Splunk to my platform. Now my management wishes to launch this in Splunkbase.
Is it possible to launch a connector in Splunk base as I read that Splunkbase is only for Apps and addons. Request your support regards Abhi

0 Karma
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There were some apps on splunkbase that were marked as "hosted externally". The splunk base page was just a presentation (with notes, versions etc..), but the installer was hosted externally on third party website, with a license/pay portal.

Maybe reach splunk sales or BD team to inquire about those type of contracts.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There were some apps on splunkbase that were marked as "hosted externally". The splunk base page was just a presentation (with notes, versions etc..), but the installer was hosted externally on third party website, with a license/pay portal.

Maybe reach splunk sales or BD team to inquire about those type of contracts.

0 Karma

abhilashr

Thank you very much for the answer. I am talking to Splunk sales. But they are almost non technical and unable to help me with the appropriate approach. Anyways, need to keep trying

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're right about splunkbase. It's an "app store" for Splunk apps and add-ons.

Please explain more about what your management wants to do with splunkbase.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

abhilashr

Thank you for the support. My technical requirement is to connect with Splunk and export data from splunk log to my platform. I am able to do it bia SDK route. My sales want this to look like an App which can be hosted in splunkbase obviously for marketing purposed. Now if I go for an App, it will be a long way. So I was thinking the option of developing the connector that will deal with Splunk SDK from outside , yet can be launched as an App from Splunkbase. Or else if at all there is a third option, I would like to explore it regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...