Splunk Search

Internal Server Error when trying to load interactive field extractor

snortymcsnort

When I click on extract fields from the drop down box on a search result I keep getting this error messsage

500 Internal Server Error AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'toPrimitive' I am getting these error messages in the web_service.log 2010-03-16 16:43:57,797 ERROR customlogmanager:22 - [16/Mar/2010:16:43:57] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond cherrypy.response.body = self.handler() File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in call return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/routes.py", line 307, in default return route.target(self, **kw)

0 Karma

rquinn628

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue as well where before I was able to use IFX to extract fields. I'm running 4.1.1, build 78281

This is a demo version of splunk that I downloaded 2 weeks ago(yes, I'm a newbie).

I did a bit of googling and found what seems to be a similar issue with a fix. I'm not certain that this particular fix is relevant to this situation or not. It had to do with requesting a list versus a string.

The problem, and answer, could be found here: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread185328.html

0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

Can you post that into your question. It' will be much easier to read. (Click the "edit" link under your post.)

0 Karma

snortymcsnort

OK I am getting these error messages
2010-03-16 16:43:57,797 ERROR customlogmanager:22 - [16/Mar/2010:16:43:57] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call
_
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/routes.py", line 307, in default
return route.target(self, **kw)

0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

Sorry. I told you the wrong logfile. Try this search instead: index=_internal source=*web_service.log toPrimitive OR Traceback

0 Karma

snortymcsnort

I am getting nothing in that search. I also could not find toPrimitive using grep on the python.log

0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

Can you get more info about this and add it to your post? Do a search like this and report back the full traceback message: index=_internal source=*python.log toPrimitive

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...