Splunk Search

How do I make my lookup file public?

hollybross1219
Path Finder

I'm a Splunk n00b, apologies. How do I make my csv lookup file public so other people can use it???

Editing my Job Settings doesn't help! Ugh this is so frustrating.

0 Karma
1 Solution

hollybross1219
Path Finder

Following this option leads me to the second screenshot I attached, which I don't see any option to change the sharing permission

alt text

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hollybross1219
Path Finder

Following this option leads me to the second screenshot I attached, which I don't see any option to change the sharing permission

alt text

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not in Job Settings. You need to change the sharing on the lookup file itself. Go to Settings->Lookups->Lookup Table Files and click on the Permissions link next to your lookup file. Select the desired sharing and permissions then click Save.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

hollybross1219
Path Finder

Doesn't work. It leads me to the screen in my second attachment in my original question where it says sharing is private but provides no option to switch or change it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...